Friday, May 1, 2015

Getting Started

I am not new to social media and blogging, but this is a new blog for me. Around 10 years ago I had a semi popular knitting blog, KnitSteph. I knit all the time, I knit lots of things, and amassed a pretty large stash. Over the past year or so though, I just do not have the love of knitting that I once had. I am now working on paring down my stash of yarn and knitting supplies (and spinning wheel, and looms...) and getting back into my original love, quilting and sewing.

My great-grandmother taught me to hand piece quilts when I was very young, maybe 3, or 4. She had me cut out squares using newspaper patterns and sew them together. After that I learned to machine sew on my grandmother's Singer 237. I remember that thing was HEAVY!! Around the age of 8. I got a Montgomery Ward child's sewing machine.


I made clothes for my doll on this machine. I just found it in the attic last weekend!

Last summer, my mother and I began "collecting" vintage sewing machines. Now, we have over 100 machines and are beginning to thin the herd so to speak, cutting them down to just ones we want to keep and use. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with this blog, but I'm sure I'll figure out along the way. I hope to post a gallery of machines in my collection, and photos of projects and who knows what else.

I hope you will find my posts entertaining and informative. Please feel free to comment as I love seeing who is reading my posts and making friends in the blogging community.

So...... here we go!!